LAG is a co-project of the University of Silesia, the University of Ostrava and the University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava and it is co-financed under the EU’s “Creative Europe” programme and from the budget of the City of Cieszyn.
The project is planned for a four years period from October 2015 until September 2019 in the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia.
Project activities are divided between the leader of the project – the University of Silesia in Katowice (Poland) – and two partners: the University of Ostrava (the Czech Republic) and the University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava (Slovakia).
The main goal of the project is to support European sectors of culture in their international activities related to the promotion of independent artistic games creation. Furthermore, the goal is to create a gaming centre in Cieszyn – a meeting place for those who create games and those who play them.
The following actions will be undertaken under the project:
- LAG Arena – an international competition for secondary school students for the best game concept,
- LAG Game Jam – international, 5-day workshops for students,
- LAG Edu – an international conference with experts from the games and art market, addressed to a wide audience,
- LAG Festival – a 1-day presentation of independent games for a wide audience and an award ceremony,
- LAG Music – two evening concerts for LAG Edu and LAG Festival.
More information is available on the Festival’s official website: lagfestival.us.edu.pl
under the “LAG Festival” tab in the main menu.